Thursday, November 11, 2010

Aspiration

First, I want to say Happy Veterans Day to all who have given service to our country.  Your sacrifice makes our country great.

In a small part of the country, we also celebrated Ooctye Aspiration Day!  The process went off without a hitch.

I love Ooctye Aspiration Day.  I get pampered.  I feel proactive. I get to go nu-night with the help of a strapping anesthesiologist.  This is the part I love the most.  IVF is a process that is all about WAITING.  The anxiety and constant pressure of the second hand ticking its way into our subconcious'.   But in this moment, a handsome man leans over me and tells me, "You will start to feel Slee.....".

AND then BAM I'm awake again covered in warm blankets.  No waiting at all.

After I woke up I had a running mantra in my head.  "At least 5, at least 5, at least 5".

And then my lovely nurse peaked around the corner, gives me a huge smile and in a theatrical whisper said "SEVENTEEN".

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Wonderful news. Now for the really tough wait - how many mature and how many fertilized. Will be hoping for more great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! You make it sound so wonderful and 17 is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love the way you retell this almost as much as the great story! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete