Thursday, November 4, 2010

Revolution 9

Extremely busy week here.  I wish I could have planned an IVF cycle where I would have limited outside stressors, but my job makes it pretty hard.  November is one of the least busy months, but I still had to give a presentation in front of hundreds of people at our annual conference.  I really enjoy my job, so I can't complain too much.

So...maybe just a little complaining?  I hate the anxious feeling I get right before I have to make a speech.  I get terribly nervous that I will completely lose my train of thought and just stand there with my mouth open...uhhhhhhhh.  Luckily, I was able to get through it with a minimal amount of my "space cadetedness" shining through.    I'm so relieved that it is over and I can go back to my compulsive IVF obsessing instead...much less stressful. Right?

In ovary news, mine are doing shockingly well as of my first ultrasound on Tuesday.  My left ovary tends to be a coy bitch and hide behind my uterus, but Righty was a showstopper!  The nurse counted many follies on my right and it went a little something like 12, 10, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9....I kind of loss track after a while.  Needless to say I had a lot of 9's. I was very happy in a 'what the hell is going on' kind of way, the surrealism of the moment reminded me of "Revolution 9" by the Beatles.  This is pretty much what was going on in my head.

In order to understand this surrealism, you would need to know that in my first IVF my day 5 had barely anything to look at.  My Estroidal level came back at 57....after 5 days of stims! 

My Estroidal level after 4 days of stims was 920 this time.  What the hell is my body thinking?  I have never read about such variation, but I guess it goes to show that every cycle really can be completely different.

So, for now I am caustically optimistic.  I go in for my 2nd checkup tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment